Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy 6 month Birthday



To my little (or not so little) Liam:

The days and months seem to be zooming along and every day I wake up and am thankful you are in my life. On a daily basis, I love to look at you and watch you grow. To steal some words from my own mother: "You are like a prism--I want to hold you up to the light and see all sides of you." You are becoming your own little fascinating person: curious about all things including tv screens, people and paper. It is funny what a mother becomes proud of. I am proud of your chubby little hands, your ability to sit up at a young age, your amazing growth, but especially your smile. I love to make you laugh. Some words that get you going are boggles, boggie-woggie-woo and odd mouth noises. I like to play "where's mommy" and hide from you for a few seconds only to see your look of delight when I reappear. We also play "stack the blocks." I can stack about 6 blocks before you reach out and tear the whole thing down. I fear for the house and the animals in a couple of months; the girls in your play group lightly touch and reach for their toys while you seem to be on a seek and destroy mission.
Happy 6 month birthday, Liam! You took all the expectations I had about becoming a parent and threw them out the window, but you are so much better than I could have imagined.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Half Birthday Liam!
    Love your friends, Kitty, Jamie and Luke

    ReplyDelete