At our last doctor's visit, the doctor encouraged us to start baby proofing the house. While it seems ridiculously early to make sure that all cabinets and drawers can not be opened, we do have to do a bit a baby proofing every time we sit Liam down. As he takes a seat, we must now look around and see what is in his radius and ask ourselves "should he have access to that." He grabs everything. The problem, as these pictures show, is that even if there is nothing within his reach, sometimes an animal will accidentally cross his path.
I have seen Liam literally throw himself on the poor creature. So far, all pets have been amazingly patient while he grabs a tuft of hair or an ear. He also can't seem to get enough stuff in his hands. In this last picture, he has a small ring in his mouth while he uses his hands to toy with the bag it came in.
The 6 month doctor visit was uneventful. The doctor said he is perfectly healthy. He is still big (29 inches long and 20 lbs), but not as big--he has gone from the 97th percentile to the 95th. As Steve says, that is still a solid A.
Like I said when you visited...I can't imagine what those babies in the 96-99% percentile look and feel like! Liam might be taking after me in his love for multiple objects at once. When I was two, I went through a stage where I had to tote a lot of stuff around with me. I think it was a security thing. There is a priceless picture of me on my mom's lap with about twenty books, ten stuffed animals, my Fisher price doctors kit, and (the most peculiar) my giraffe with wheels that I used to ride around on. Hopefully Liam won't subject you to this nonsense. And yes, I believe that living with Liam's mother for three years qualifies me as someone he could "take after."
ReplyDelete