Saturday, December 13, 2008

A couple of firsts

Liam has had some new experiences lately. He played Picasso for an afternoon and experienced "painting" with his play group. I put this is quotes because having a baby paint is more like letting them swim in non-toxic goo. Just getting him to stay still long enough to make some hand prints and foot prints for the reindeer was a challenge. He had a great time though and I think I am going to have to make it a regular thing for him.

He also attended his first birthday party for one of the babies in his group. Adrianna was supposed to be born around the same time as Liam, but was 4 months early. She is doing amazingly well and Liam was thrilled to celebrate the day with her. His personality is a lot like his father's: very gregarious and social. He loves to be around people: one of the other fathers even remarked, "Liam seems to be the center of attention and it is not even his party!"


If you are painting using their hands and feet as a stamp, I recommend using a sleeping baby.


Another recommendation: Make sure you realize that only a very small amount of the paint will end up on the paper.


Liam had his face painted at the party. This lasted for about 3 minutes.


Not only is Liam a ham, but he is, unfortunately, kind of a bully.


The birthday girl enjoying her first taste of sugar.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I know about the bullying! Poor Lukie. Dad will teach him some martial arts moves before he visits with Liam next. The painting looks like a lot of fun! I'll look forward to letting Luke roll around in paint a few months from now!

    ReplyDelete