Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Big Guy!

Has it been a year already? You so recently were a precious, helpless little blob in my arms, now you are getting to be a curious big boy with your own wants and desires…but no less precious. You are not quite walking yet, but I think you are going to love the freedom to explore that it will give you. You use your fire engine and shopping cart as mini walkers and you squeal with glee every time you make a long journey down the hallway. Your passion seems to be watching the kids in the neighborhood play basketball. I wonder if that is something you will enjoy when you are older. You also have really taken to the animals…especially Yuki. You love to tackle him and feel his fur on your face as you flatten him with your body. The other day, you stopped me in the store to point at a sign with a dog on it. Then you did your sign for dog. You seem to be getting smarter and more communicative everyday.
A few months ago, you seemed to eat whatever we put in front of you, but lately I fear that you have inherited your mom’s sweet tooth, preferring yogurt, cookies and cereal over veggies and protein. I was surprised to find out how much you disliked your healthy birthday cupcake I made for you; you found the smell distasteful and didn’t even smash it like most babies. Maybe next year we will try butter cream frosting.

Part of me is sad that you are growing up, but part of me feels happy that I get to watch you learn and explore even more. You are so interested, so curious, so in awe of the world around you. You have also developed a sense of humor, finding certain things like me trying to put your hat on funny. I am delighted to be a part of your world. Happy Birthday, Big Guy!

1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations proud parents!

    ReplyDelete