Saturday, February 11, 2012

Swimmingly

I used the word "swimmingly" in the last post and I would like to correct myself. The definition of swimmingly is "with no problems or difficulties." Caris is still a lovely baby, but she does have her difficulties. They are not atypical and they are very reminiscent of Liam: she doesn't know how to fall asleep on her own, she has gas troubles that keep her (and her parents) up at night and she likes to eat all the time.

Overall, Steve and I make very similar babies. They look very similar (seems as though Caris will have similar coloring and cheeks to Liam), they act very similar (I am not sure who would out-eat who as a newborn), they even have the same blood type (A+ babies!). At least we can look back at the blog and realize that things do get easier. We have also told ourselves that the time when they are this little is fleeting and we should enjoy the moment instead of waiting for it to be over.

Now, for some pictures!


We took her on a walk the other day. Even though February is notoriously cold in DC, we have had a very mild winter so far. She was born on a day where it was over 60 degrees.




Big brother continues to be a charmer and a helper. He did, however, mention that maybe we shouldn't have any more after baby sister.




Sleeping on the walk. Doesn't get much better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment