Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mommy and Me

Liam and I have been exploring our world lately. We have been so adventurous that we have made it to the mall twice, Target and the grocery store once, and even to my office a few times. He is getting to the point that you can count on him not to cry for at least two hours. Getting out seems to be good for both of us--the activity mat can only be so entertaining for so long.

Once a week, Liam and I go to a Mommy and me support group sponsored by the county that we live in. There are 4 other moms and babies in the group and we mostly just sit around and talk about the progress of our children and what issues we are personally dealing with. We usually have a guest speaker such as a nurse practitioner or a baby massager. During the meeting, I can't help but notice how active and alert Liam is. He seems very interested in all the other babies sleeping in their mom's arms and I think he gets a kick out of making me walk around so he can see everything. Every time I go, I am also struck with how big Liam is...he always looks like he is ready to eat the other babies for breakfast. The pictures don't seem to show the enormity of the weight difference, but some of these babies (all older than 5 weeks) don't even weigh as much as he did when he was born. One thing this group has taught me is that all babies are different.
  

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! The photo of you and Liam on the activity mat is a classic. Liam's hair looks like a different color in each photo, I wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he will have hypercolor hair that changes with the temperature. Remember those shirts that were so big in the 90's?

    Anyway, he is definitely the cutest baby in the bunch! (And also, in the world). And that is a completely unbiased, objective opinion. :-)

    ReplyDelete