Friday, June 20, 2008

Nach Vorne, Nach Hinten

During my freshman year of highschool, my German teacher, Frau Luchini, taught us a German song: Nach Vorne, Nach Hinten. Translated, this song reads "To the front, To the back, To the left, to the Right, to the Up, To the Down, To the Left, To the Right." During this song, we were required to actually make the directional movements. Little did I know then that over 15 years later I would use this German song to bring laughter to my first born. You have to excuse the singing and the camera work, but you will get a glimpse of a Liam laugh.
As a parent, it is very rewarding to be able to make your child smile and laugh. For a long time, I was convinced that Liam would be identifying with Oscar the Grouch.

3 comments:

  1. Aw! I'm so glad to hear him laugh. And I'm sure there will be more of that coming up! You guys all sound so happy. :-D He definitely seems to like the "up, down" part best. Maybe he will be a roller coaster fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how long will it be before he's singing this song at Oktoberfest? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gracious! I remember that song, now I am sure it will be stuck in my head for days!

    Plus, his laugh, thats what being a parent is all about.

    ReplyDelete