Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Catch up

So I am bad, bad blogger. Caris and Liam have been busy and cute, but I have failed my duties as historian. Luckily, I am right on top of cook, housekeeper, chauffeur, nurse and somewhat provider (otherwise known as mother). To make up for lost time, I will try to do one post every day until Caris turns 1 on the February First. Today's post goes all the way back to, wait for it...fall (early October to be exact). Liam had a class trip to the farm and as an unbiased historian he has been doing excellent in school. Tediously, he draws maps of all the continents, writes about the parts of roots, explains the habitat of cheetahs, does addition and subtraction and the kid can really read. He starts kindergarten next year and I think they may skip him ahead to college or even medical school. He is smart, but I am also impressed by his tremendous social skills. He loves being around other kids, interacts well with adults and has really grown up in the last year. Enough bragging...time for some pictures.
Liam at the farm on his class trip
Caris on Thanksgiving. Her first thanksgiving was filled with family and food, both of which she enjoys. This picture is one that I really love. The hat was given to her by my Aunt Julie and reminds me so much of something my own mother would have worn. The look on her face is all Caris. A little sweet, a little cuddly, but is topped with determination and spunk.
Another one of her displaying her spunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment